Bavaria Comeback to Claim First Silverware


Match Report

Bavaria 4-3 South United

It was built as the game of the season and a fitting finale to a great season for both newly established futsal sides. The crowds packed into the Tercentenary Sports Hall in numbers for the first final of the day – it turned out to be he biggest attendance of the day too!

It was a calamitous start for the Pinks as South were 1-0 in a minute. Chris Remorino clumsily bundling over Alan Parker. The ball was shifted to Parker from the resulting free kick and the ball rifled into the top corner. Frank Warwick helpless in the Bavaria goal.

As expected it was a heated affair with both sides picking up early bookings and conceding plenty of fouls. The Pinks were then dealt another blow by going 2-0 from a swift South counter attack. A much deserved lead with the Whites dominating the majority of the ball and the Pinks restricted to shots from distance.

However, the Pinks were given a lifeline with half a minute on the clock until half time. Jamie Walker, the man for the big occasion finally broke Damien Sanchez’s resistance in the South goal with a well-executed toe poke finish. Half time 2-1 South.

The next goal was always going to be crucial. It was Remorino who was caught dilly-dallying on the halfway line, South pinched it and set up the 2v1 against Warwick. The lead increased to two goals once again.

However, the balance began to shift, despite all of South’s possession, the fitness favoured the Pinks at a crucial period in the game. Gaffer Montado called a much needed timeout and the resulting corner was played in by Jamie Walker and tapped in by Iain Latin, who took his tally to 29 for the season. Game on again!

Bavaria began to grow into the game and sensed vulnerability amongst the South United players, initiating a high press. But the goal that followed was out of this world…Jamie Walker picked the ball up inside the South half on the right hand side, shifted between two, took on another two and with his favourite left foot fired past Sanchez again. The Pink Ultras were sent into raptures! The roof blown off the Tercentenary Hall.

However, Walker was not finished. Warwick rolled the ball out to Remorino – he found Casciaro who played a great diagonal ball to Karl Balestrino who hit it first time to Walker who tapped in at the back post. A fitting goal to seal the game for the Pinks. Absolute scenes! The remaining 5 minutes were all hands to the pump with Frank Warwick pulling out a string of important saves. Eric Casciaro had a chance at the other send but was once again thwarted by Sanchez. It was Captain Fantastic, with 27 seconds left on the clock who pulled out an absolute worldie of a save out of the bag.
As the buzzer went the players flooded the pitch. It was the comeback to match all comebacks for the Pinks.

A big thank you to South United who have pushed us this season and a huge congratulations on securing the title 👏🏼
MOTM – it can be only be one man…Jamie Walker was on another level today. His experience crucial and a hat-trick in a cup final goes without saying 🎩

Thank you to our Pink Ultras who have stood by us all season, we are eternally grateful. This trophy would not be possible without your undying support. We hope you enjoyed the day and hope there will be many more celebrate like this in the future! 🙌🏼

#ThePinks #BroughtTheNoise

Comments --