Pinks Beaten by Resilient South


Match Report

Bavaria FCC 4 – 6 South United FC

Sunday evening saw one of the most anticipated matches on The Rock, with the Old Sports Hall full of fans from both sides. There seemed to be more fans at this game than there ever is for any of the outdoor matches – not bad for a fourth division clash eh?

The Pinks started poorly with South United scoring a quick goal inside the first minute through veteran striker Pallas. However, two minutes later D. Casciaro chased down a ball in their half and out of nothing toe-punted the ball into the top left corner. Huge scenes at the Bavaria end with fans almost flooding onto the pitch.

The first half was an extremely heated affair with both teams reaching the 5 foul mark. South took the lead again in the 9th minute through Carrillo. At this point, the game was stopping and starting due to an onslaught of fouls. D. Casciaro was proving to be a handful for the South defenders winning two quick free kicks, eventually earning The Pinks a penalty foul. K. Balestrino delivered and brought the game back to 2-2.

Tricky Attacker A. Parker was pulling the strings for South United and got himself on the score sheet to put them in front. The Pinks received another penalty foul but unfortunately it was a different result, with keeper Sanchez diverting K. Balestrino’s strike on to the bar. Matters soon worsened for The Pinks as South received a penalty foul of their own, which Parker converted, to give them a 4-2 lead at half time.

The second half was a different affair, both teams calmed down and began to play a cleaner game. The Pinks started playing the way we have been used to seeing over the last few weeks and were in control. A typical Walker run down the right wing saw him find D. Casciaro in the box who slotted the ball in again to put The Pinks a goal behind with about 15 minutes left to play.

At this stage, both teams were creating chance after chance. F. Warwick was having a blinder in The Pinks’ goal, keeping the boys in it. At 4-3 it was all to play for and with little time left on the clock Bavaria had to go for it, committing players up top. Unfortunately, against the run of play Pallas found himself out-muscling the defence and slotting home to give South a 5-3 lead.
K. Parody brought The Pinks back in it with a great finish from a tight angle, again one goal behind with now 5 minutes left. However, it wasn’t meant to be as South United were gifted a penalty kick with a minute left on the clock which was calmly put away by Tellez. Keeper F. Warwick had a great chance to get himself on the score sheet at the end but was well saved by Sanchez in the South goal – either way, this may have only been a consolation.

All in all the game probably deserved a draw with both teams leaving their all on the pitch. We must congratulate South United on a great game last night and for an outstanding season throughout.
A huge thanks must go to our self-proclaimed Pink Ultras who were out of this world, sung and cheered from the first whistle to the last. The best fans on The Rock!

MOTM: This week was a tough choice as there were a couple of big, stand out performances. However, captain and keeper F. Warwick was the pick of the bunch keeping The Pinks in it throughout.

We look forward to our next game against VR Solutions Laguna FC, a battle for second spot. It promises to be a big one.

Comments --